GREAT FOR ORIENTATION... This course is discounted from its $99 list price so you can see how easy and effective online training can be. APWA members get 10% off all courses.
COURSE OVERVIEW -- Click here for COURSE SAMPLE
Excavation and trenching are among the most hazardous of construction operations. Falls, electrocutions, hazardous atmospheres, and being struck by loads and equipment injure and kill workers every year. But by far, the greatest danger is trench cave ins.
Created in conjunction with the National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA), this pictorial-based eLearning course teaches workers how to recognize safety and health hazards when working in and around excavators and trenches. We’ll show potentially hazardous conditions on the jobsite and teach ways to help protect workers and others from the risk involved with excavation work. We'll focus on the most common hazards and discuss how they can be avoided or eliminated according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements and common best practices in the industry.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Understand safe work practices.
• Recognize common hazardous areas on a jobsite.
• Minimize the risk of workplace accidents.
Lesson 1: Introduction
• Introduction to the concept of industry best practices.
• Introduction to the concept of OSHA work rules for employers to follow.
Lesson 2: Rights and Responsibilities
• Discussion of employer and employee rights and responsibilities for a safe workplace.
• Description of competent person requirements.
Lesson 3: Hazards and Hazard Prevention
• Discussion of potential workplace hazards.
• Description of proper personal protective equipment.
• Description of ladder safety.
• Discussion of safety while working in or around a trench.
• Discussion of lifting, rigging, and material handling.
• Discussion of safety while working near traffic and construction equipment.
• Discussion of safety while working near utilities.
• Discussion of controlling water.
• Discussion of safety while working in confined spaces.
• Discussion of personal safety when working with hazardous materials.
Final Exam – 10 question exam with incorrect response feedback
Trainers: Before you begin classroom or field training, why not provide your trainees with a solid foundation of knowledge about the equipment and how to operate it safely? This e-learning training course can be delivered anytime, anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection.
Overall Course Specifications:
Estimated length of training program: 1 - 2 hours + final test
Number of test questions: 10
Printable Certificate of Completion: Yes, with person's name, date, and test score
Final Exam Feedback report: Yes
Immediate online delivery for one person - viewable for up to 60 days
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To see ALL courses, Click "Back" to RETURN TO CATALOG (bottom of this page) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<